Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Well....it's been awhile!


Oh my goodness! It has been months and months since I've written here! Much has happened in my life and much has stayed the same. That's how life works isn't it? We often have so many changes, people leaving and entering our lives, different jobs, different hobbies, but there is always one constant in our lives. That constant is our Lord. How great to know He never changes! ♥

Well, I shall give you a tiddle bit of an update on what has changed in my life! First off Matthew (my husband) and I have gotten SERIOUS (I wrote that in caps so you know I mean it! hehe) about our health and losing weight. So far I have lost around 20lbs and Matthew around 25lbs. We haven't made any drastic changes as in not eating meat or cheese (gasp) or anything like that! We've basically cut down on portion size, almost eliminated Soda from our diet and added exercise. We are both feeling so good! And an unexpected little bonus in the journey is the wonderful community we are now a part of. We found an amazing group of people who make weight loss related vlogs on YouTube and are part of a support page on facebook and these people are AMAZING (back with the caps)! It reminds me of how much more you can accomplish when you have people believing in you, holding you accountable and really pushing you to succeed!

Another change is that I am now missing an organ! That's right! I am not whole anymore. *gah huh* <-- (that's me crying) I am now gallbladderless! I was having horrible pain for about a year or so. It would come and go, but one time it came and stayed and I just couldn't take it anymore so I went to the Urgent Care Clinic where they told me the ever joyous news that I had gallstones! So I went to see a Physician and he wanted to schedule me for surgery but alas, we had no money for the payment, so we prayed and I pushed on. Then one night I had a horrible attack and I could not handle the pain. Now I have a very high pain tolerance but this, this even I couldn't take. So to the E.R. I went and they gave me some medication and told me I needed to talk to the Nurse Practitioner to get surgery. Well, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment but before I could even get in I was back in the E.R. with another attack. This time I got an ultra sound and they decided I couldn't wait much longer so that Thursday I went in for surgery. I was super afraid that somehow I'd wake up during the procedure or even worse....not wake up after! But Matthew and my Dad were with me and we all prayed, even the Surgeon let us pray with her, and well, obviously I woke up afterwards! lol Recovery was okay. I was super freaked out by the stitches and couldn't even look at them! Yuck! But now I have 4 little scars and can eat butter. :)

Oh! Remember those videos I was telling you that Matthew and I wanted to start putting on YouTube? Well we have been! Not every Friday, but still we are doing them! We are also doing some weight loss/life vlogs and we so love it! Still don't have that flip cam though. Maybe this year! :D

Really, this is all I can think of that has changed in my life. I'd like to think I've become a better person, closer to the Lord, a better wife and a better musician....but I'm not sure. I am sure that I need to continue working on all those things and that with God's help I will get there!

I hope you are all awesome and thank you so much for reading this. I'll leave you with a video that Matthew and I put on YouTube. Remember with God ALL things are possible and He will never ask you to do something that hasn't already or will enabled you to do. ♥



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Sara! You have taken the bull by the horns and charged forward! Yes, we can do all things through Christ! So, so proud of you!! God Bless you and Matthew and you continue on your journey with our Lord and Savior.

    Love,
    Renny

    ReplyDelete